Welcome to the Southern Africa Cat Council
The organized SA cat fancy originated in 1945 with the formation of the Governing Council of the Associated Cat Clubs. In October 1996 the council was restructured into its current form and renamed to the Southern Africa Cat Council (SACC). SACC is an affiliation of 9 cat clubs, 14 cat breed groups and 4 cat judges panels.
The Southern Africa Cat Council sets out to -
- Promote the welfare of cats and the improvement of their breeds.
- Administer the registration of pedigrees of cats and kittens.
- Promulgate the rules of the management of cat shows.
- Promote interest of breeders and exhibitors of cats.
- Ensure the efficient co-existence of its Councils and offices.
- Promulgate rules, regulations and codes of ethics.
- Lay down standards for all Breeds in conjunction with member Clubs, the Breed Council and the S.A. Council of Cat Judges.
- Promote a knowledge of Cats and Breed Standards by investigating or to assist in investigations to ensure that the breeding of cats and the showing of cats are according to the highest standards.
- Train or to assist in training of persons for the breeding, judging, show managing and stewarding of cats.
If you are interested in breeding, finding a breeder in your area, or registering your cattery, the information on this site should be useful. Should you fail to find the information you need, please visit the "Contact" page, and drop us a note.