History of the SACC

1899 to 1902 - register held in Cape Colony
1912 - 1913 - South African Cat Fanciers Association held shows
14 June 1946 - a register is formed in Natal, called the South African Cat Union
27 February 1948 - WPCC founded 
4 December 1948 - WPCC first show. The register was transferred to Cape Town and operated as the South African Cat Union (SACU)
Between 1948 and 1957 - the Transvaal Cat Register was formed.   
November 1957 - "Associated Cat Clubs at present consists of Rand Cat Club, Siamese Cat Society of SA [now TCS] and Natal Cat Club."  The ACC was not a governing body but there were hopes to make it so.  Members co-operated, including adhering to a common register
November 1959 - WPCC was admitted to the Associated Cat Clubs and, as a result, the SACU was dissolved.  All cats which were to be exhibited had to be registered with the Transvaal Cat Register
March 1970 - first Governing Council meeting of the Associated Cat Clubs of SA.
1996 - the Associated Cat Clubs morphs into SACC.
1997 – a group of SACC members broke away to start the Cat Federation of Southern Africa (CFSA); the Natal Cat Club terminated its affiliation with SACC and affiliated with CFSA
So it seems quite clear that SACC can trace its roots to 1946 via the ACC of SA to the SACU and TCR

Registrar's Office

  P O Box 28732, Kensington, Gauteng
  011 616 7017
  086 616 8294
  office@tsacc.org.za

Newsletter

Statistics

Articles View Hits
1113704